Friday 29 December 2017

A fresh start

So. I've done the binge TV-watching and After Eights for breakfast. Now what?
Well, there's a lot for me to look forward to in 2018. An imminent house-move for one thing. A new place, a fresh start. It will be hard, having lived in the same flat for 24 years, but I feel the time is right. The new flat feels right, too. As soon as we walked in, Patrick and I, it felt like home. We couldn't see the garden because it was dark, but we know it's big and private. I have big plans for the garden. Rose trees for one thing. I always wanted rose trees. I'm picturing a winding path leading from the gate to a little arbour, nestled in the rose bushes. I'm imagining sitting there on a Spring day, watching my two little dogs playing happily, chasing insects and elusive cats, new smells and sounds to keep them busy.
I will find a place to set up a study, a place I can retreat to when I crave solitude. Perhaps my new surroundings will spur me on to write.
There will be drawbacks, perhaps, but the positives will outweigh the negatives.
A new year, a new house and a fresh start.
Happy 2018!

2 comments:

Please leave your comments.