Friday 28 January 2022

What's new, Sassenach?

If you're stuck for something to watch of an evening, why not try Outlander?

Without giving too much away, a young woman finds herself in Scotland at the time of the Jacobite rebellion of 1745. The series follows her adventures. But this isn't your typical historical drama. With a strong cast and equally strong Scottish accents, this show will leave you breathless. After every episode, I can't wait to find out what happens next.

The Scottish landscape is also breathtaking. Perhaps I'm biased because I live close to where the series was filmed. (I recognised a former college pal of mine amongst the throng of extras!)

Be prepared for smatterings of Gaelic and French without subtitles, and some scenes of sex and violence which, I hasten to add, are in no way gratuitous. There's nothing in there that isn't relevant to the story.

It's a slow-burner - I wasn't hooked until at least episode three - but stick with it and I promise you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments.